Does your hemp product have what it takes to treat osteoporosis?
Beta-caryophyllene and CBG are the needed analytes.
The only way to know if your product contains these precious analytes is to request and read its certificate of analysis, COA. Beta-caryophyllene is a terpene and will be listed in the Terpene Analysis. CBG is a cannabinoid and will be listed in the primary CBD analysis. These analytes are listed as safe by the FDA.
Hopeful research prompts consumers to rethink traditional medicine. Yamaguchi & Levy report, “In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that β-caryophyllene promotes osteoblastic mineralization and reduces adipogenesis and osteoclastogenesis in mouse bone marrow cell cultures in vitro. These results indicate that β-caryophyllene may be a useful tool in the treatment of osteoporosis.”
NewsRX follows up with a press release that, “A patent application by the inventor YAMAGUCHI, Masayoshi (Shizuoka City, JP), filed on March 25, 2017, was made available online on October 5, 2017, according to news reporting originating from Washington, D.C., by VerticalNews correspondents…beta.-Caryophyllene is a natural sesquiterpene present in the essential oils of many plants such as clove, hemp Cannabis sativa, rosemary Rosmarinus oficinalis, and hops. .beta.-Caryophyllene has been approved as a food additive by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is widely used in foods as a flavor and aroma enhancer.”
The Inergetics’ team shares, “In its release, Inergetics said that research shows that cannabinoids have medical application for a range of conditions as varied as epilepsy, glaucoma, osteoporosis, anorexia, Alzheimer’s disease and pain treatment.”
It is important to note that pharmaceutically derived forms of these analytes will include synthetic forms of the analytes.
The hemp analyte, CBG is shown to inhibit growth of cancer cells in colon cancer research, to be effective in treating Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and increases appetite. Most notably, CBG is proven in research to be effective in the treatment of osteoporosis. GW Pharmaceuticals holds a patent on that CBG- osteo research.
For a completely natural hemp product, purchase from a local trustworthy hemp farmer. Read the COA on the hemp product BEFORE purchasing. There are many full spectrum hemp tinctures on the market, and not all brands, and not all batches share the same identical analytes. Analytes differ due to growing conditions and genetics as do the level of the analytes. Shop wisely or if you just want to waste your money, send $60 bucks to me and I’ll buy myself some more hemp products backed by a full profile COA conducted by a reputable lab.
B-caryophyllene and CBG are promising analytes for osteoporosis. Once they are whipped into homemade chocolate whipped icing over hemp brownies, they taste divine. Now, who will I invite over to help me eat all these ‘Bone Brownies’?
Have a great day!
Your CBD Watchdog
This information is not intended to replace the expertise of a physician.
- Yamaguchi, M., & Levy, R. M. (2016). β-caryophyllene promotes osteoblastic mineralization and suppresses osteoclastogenesis and adipogenesis in mouse bone marrow cultures in vitro. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 12(6), 3602-3606. doi:10.3892/etm.2016.3818
- Inergetics finalizes phase I development of its therapeutic CBD line of products. (2014). Health & Beauty Close – Up,
- “‘Methods and Formulations for Supporting and Promoting Bone Health’ in Patent Application Approval Process (USPTO 20170273912).” Politics & Government Week 19 Oct. 2017: 2013. Business Insights: Global. Web. 18 May 2019.
- “CBG was effective in decreasing the inflammation of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in mice.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23415610
- “CBG was shown to inhibit the growth of colorectal cancer cells which slowed colon cancer growth.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25269802
- “GW Pharmaceuticals is testing the bone healing effects of CBG. They also hold a patent for the therapeutic use of CBG as a treatment for osteoporosis.” https://patents.google.com/patent/US20100292345A1/en
- “CBG doubled food intake in rats and increased number of meals consumed. This can lead to CBG being used as a therapeutic option for cachexia, the severe weight loss stage of cancer.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5021742
NC hemp products that contain both these analytes and are on Welcome List: https://cbd-girl-next-door.com/2019/04/22/review-down-south-hemp/ and https://cbd-girl-next-door.com/2019/03/27/review-smoky-mountain-medicinals/ and https://cbd-girl-next-door.com/2019/01/21/review-of-root-biosciences-1000mg-full-spectrum-cbd-oil/
It is not wise to use a product without full transparency.
Insist on a verifiable full profile COA with any hemp product. Identify the
testing lab with a header on the lab work. Do not accept a lab report without
identifying language and contact information. Identify that COA with a
correlating batch number. It is not wise to use a product not tested for potentially
harmful ingredients, for example, a COA with only one pesticide tested.